Op-Art, Silver Glass, Flower Cane, Implosions, and 3D Twists – Astrid Riedel
March 7 at 10:00 am - March 11 at 6:00 pm MST$300 – $1350
Hip to be Square/Op-Art
- The art of creating the checkered board pattern in or on a bead
- Encasing your designs without dragging the design
- Encasing a spiral core in the bead
- Fine stringer application and heat control
- Adding 3D OP art illusions to your bead
- Learn to encase a round bead and a lentil shaped bead so no ugly sides stick out!
- Learn how to reduce the silver glass
- Layering or pleating the silver glass
- Making silver glass murrini
- Making enameled murrini
- Encasing with clear glass
- Creating well-made lentil shaped beads
- Making perfect round encased beads
Making 3D Flower Murrini
- Theory on how the flower murrini’s are build up so you can make any flower using the explained techniques.
- Creating flower stamen
- The building up of the flower petals
- How to apply the murrini on the bead so that your flowers bloom on the bead.
Marble Bead Making – Off Mandrel
- Preparing a small glass plate as a base for the decoration, (done on a punty)
- Making Wig/Wag cane
- Making layered cane
- Making designs with enamels and spiral imprint
- Making spiky implosion in marble bead
- Shaping marbles and inserting a small screw into bead when hot. A bail with a threaded pin will be wound into it. This makes it an interchangeable bead.
- NOTE Special tool is required for this technique.
This class includes glass packs and lunches. We will also have a hot shop dinner the first night of class and a graduation ceremony/ dinner the second to last night of class.
Please read the class policies prior to signing up.