Implosions, Flower Cane, Silver Glass, and Mokume Gane – Astrid Riedel
February 28 at 10:00 am - March 4 at 6:00 pm MST$300 – $1350
Marble Bead Making
- Preparing a small glass plate as a base for the decoration, (done on a punty)
- Making Wig/Wag cane -Making layered cane
- igns with enamels and spiral imprint
- Making spiky implosion in marble bead
- Shaping marbles and inserting a small screw into bead when hot. A bail with a threaded pin will be wound into it. This makes it an interchangeable bead.
- NOTE Special tool is required for this technique.
Making 3D Flower Murrini
- Theory on how the flower murrini’s are build up so you can make any flower using the explained techniques.
- Creating flower stamen
- The building up of the flower petals
- How to apply the murrini on the bead so that your flowers bloom on the bead.
- Learn how to reduce the silver glass
- Layering or pleating the silver glass
- Making silver glass murrini
- Making enameled murrini
- Encasing with clear glass
- Creating well-made lentil shaped beads
- Making perfect round encased beads
Mokume Gane/ Battuto beads 2 day class
- Preparing multi layered cane
- Creating lentil beads
- Layering beads with enamels and shards
- Cold working the beads
- Polishing the beads in the flame of the torch
- Final decorations such as fine stringer murrini etc
Please read the class policies prior to signing up.